Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm changing my name to.... Dad.

That's right, we've taken another plunge in life, this time, parenthood. Jen is going to have a baby, she's due January 29th 2009. We're both really excited. The video you'll see below was taken a couple weeks ago at our first ultrasound. Jen is 3 months along now and has been doing very well. She didn't get the morning sickness that some gals get, but she has started saying things like "Rob - the baby's hungry.." or.. "Rob, the baby doesn't like the music that loud." I've been a trooper though, pacifying most of her needs. If you ever want to know what I'm like when I have a simple head cold, ask Jen.. it's like I'm dying and I'm completely helpless, so, to a point I can understand. :)

Anyhow, that's the news, I'm sure I'll be posting more on this exciting adventure as time goes. The name thing has been fun too - Jen's not liking any of my picks - apparently, Chuck or Sue aren't suitable for her tastes. The name Chuck is going to become extinct if we don't fight to save it now!! Ah well, maybe I'll get to at least give him/her a mohawk.



YouTube is having some embedding issues right now - here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ng-Q5ZH9HY

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:25 PM

    All i can say is " I am glad its not Trisha and I" Congrates to the 2 of you. Can you say want some cookies for breakfast Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I'm an Aunt again!!! That's totally amazing that you can see the head, body, legs, feet already!!! I can't wait to see him/her!! Post more! Post more!!!!
    Love, Sissy!!!!!
    (and Auntie!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Congratulations!! That's really awesome! But if you name your baby Chuck, kids are going to call him "Up-Chuck" or rhyme his name with cuss words. So your wife is right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:01 AM

    I say go with Chuck with a middle name of Smith. Chuck is a lost name and you need to help preserve it. Every little bit counts. Chucky G. Cool name

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:42 AM

    Congrats! Don't worry about parenthood making you grow up... look at Steve; he didn't! :-) About Chuck...there's a reason why the name is dying out. And what if he meets a girl named Diane? Then they'll be Up-Chuck and Di. How about Cooper? :-)

    ReplyDelete