I’ve been on a low carb/keto kick for the past few years. This year I’ve been more strict with cutting out carbs/sugar and seeing great results.
I tried a couple different recipes for Scotch Eggs and decided this version is the best. I had made this crust for chicken a week before, and thought it would be good to try on the scotch eggs. It turned out perfect!
1 tube of ground pork sausage (any flavor will do)
1 dozen eggs (7-9 eggs should do it)
1/2 bag of pork rinds
Fine grated parmasan cheese
1 (non boiled) egg
Dump a half of a bag of regular flavored pork rinds into a large freezer zip lock bag. Close up bag and roll out with a rolling pin crushing the pork rinds to a fine powder. Add 1 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese. Mix.
Boil eggs, shell. One tube of sausage should cover at least 7-9 eggs. Roll sausage into small balls to use to cover the eggs. The sausage should just barely cover the eggs without the egg showing. Doesn’t need to be a thick coating of sausage.
Once the eggs are all covered:
• Preheat the oven to 400º
• Spray a pan with non stick spray
• Get a bowl out and scramble 1 egg in the bowl
• Dump some of the breading onto a paper plate
• Roll the sausage/egg in the egg to coat the outside of it, then roll around in the breading on the plate. • Place the sausage/egg onto the pan. Repeat!
• Place the sausage/eggs into the oven. Bake for 25 minutes. The Scotch Eggs are done when they appear brown and firm.