Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Grape jelly chicken marinade

 Here's a quick recipe I threw together.  This recipe I found somewhere online, actually had cranberry sauce, french dressing and dried onion soup mix.  I didn't have any cranberry sauce, so I used something close:  grape jelly.  I marinated the chicken thighs in it over night and the entire day.  Here's the recipe: 

1 packet of dry onion soup mix 

1 cup of French dressing 

1 cup of grape jelly 

Mix the 3 together and pour over chicken in a large glass baking dish.  Cover in foil and refrigerate.  The recipe suggested 8 hours or more.  Bake at 400 for 45 mins.  Depending on what kind of chicken you use (the original called for chicken breast), it might be longer.  Serve chicken over rice (the sauce tastes awesome over rice).    Enjoy!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment