Sunday, October 04, 2009

Race to the Big House - 10K

Ran this race Sunday morning. Started @ 8 a.m. The course looped around Ann Arbor streets for about 3 miles, then back around again, then to the Michigan Stadium to finish on the 50 yard line. Weather was good, around 50.

GW and I lined up at around the 7 minute mark pace, just to get ahead of the slow pokes. I busted out and ran about a 7 minute the first mile, but slowed up a bit to around a 7:30-ish pace. The second time around, and up the first hill was rough.

As I neared the stadium at around the 6 mile point, I heard the sound of the Michigan theme song playing, which was really cool. I started sprinting at that point, slowed up a bit once I started dry heaving (haha - not sure why my body rejects to sprinting, but it does every time at the end of a race), then picked back up the sprint to the finish line. Running on the grass of the football field was so awesome.

Here's my final numbers:

Age group - 30-34
26th out of 108

Chip time: 47:53:1
Avg. Pace: 7:42 per mile

Total: 213 place out of 1336.

http://www.bighousebigheart.com/results/10korder_09.htm

I'll probably do this run again in the future, it was a lot of fun. I did quite a bit of speed training for this race also, which paid off (glad, because it really sucked while I was doing it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment