Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Corktown 5k 2012 Results & Photos

Michigan Ave. Corktown 2012 Parade - click for gallery
We arrived and parked in a shady abandoned neighborhood behind the train station.  The weather was perfect - high 50's and breezy.  The traffic getting into Detroit was nuts. This race and parade has grown over the years, I think I remember them saying 8000+ runners this year.  Years ago it was 3000.

The run was good. Took a while to get through the thick of the crowd and find a good spot to run. I had forgotten my GPS watch, so I was kind of running blind.  I'd been speed training enough to have a feel of what my pace should be so I held pretty steady the entire time, picking things up here and there when I had the energy.  I cruised around the final corner and sprinted to the finish line.  My goal was to beat last years 23:24. I figured I had beat it, since the clock read 23:31 when I crossed (chip time is what really matters in a race).

Final results:  Chip time - 23:14. 7:30 avg. pace.  526th overall place, 431 place (males), 71 place in my age/sex division.  

No comments:

Post a Comment