Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Harvest


100_2099
Originally uploaded by robg2251.
Well, I finally harvested the peppers on Sunday. I made up two batches of salsa, one of them was a green, Jalapeno salsa, and the other was my own concontion called 'T.B.H.T.P' or, They'll be hell to pay. I thought of the name the the morning after sampling the salsa (I won't tell you where I was, but believe me.. the name says it all). :) If anyone reading this would like a sample, drop me a line, I'll be sure to set you up with some.

Here's the recipe for the Green salsa, I got it from Jean in our customer service department. It really tastes good, and it's so simple to make!

=========
Green Salsa

2 lbs. Jalapenos

Place in pan and enough water to just cover. Cook until tender. Remove stems
from cooked jalapenos and place in blender with 1 cup of cooking water (may
need to do in 2 batches, 1 cup of water each time). Add onion and garlic to
taste. Blend until smooth.

Add 4 tablespoons tomato sauce, salt & pepper to taste.

NOTE: For this recipe I used 1 very large Vadalia onion and no garlic.

Another variation of this is to use ½ cup of cooking water and ½ cup chicken
broth in the blender.

Keeps in the refrig. for about a week. You can also freeze it.

ENJOY!!
Jean
=========

Since I still haven't fixed my home computer, I'm still unable to keep up the blog. This is going to be a quick shorty.

Here's a blog I found called Chronicles of Derek. The day I looked at it, I found some really funny videos - which I think is his shtick - posting funny videos. Of course, I looked at it the other day only to find a half naked chick - so.. keep it on the DL if your at work.

Oh yeah, a podcast I wanted to post for everyone (and Jen) to check out: Bound Cast, a book review podcast. You can subscribe in Apple iTunes podcasting section.

Alright then. Happy Tuesday ya'll.

1 comment:

  1. Half Naked Chicks are the Daily thing along with the other stuff thanks for coming by check you later

    ReplyDelete