Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Booyah!


100_2171.JPG
Originally uploaded by robg2251.
My computer is sort of still down. I'm typing on it now, but I'm
using a very old operating system - OS9.2 - if any mac geeks read my
blog, they totally understand why i hate using this. I miss my osX,
and I also really miss my itunes. I was really digging the podcasts,
and haven't been able to download them since I no longer have itunes!

Anyhow, my Labor
Day pictures
are posted if anyone wants to check them out. We had
a lot of fun. I was sad for the weekend to end, Labor Day is sort of
like the last hurrah of the summer - now I keep thinking about raking
leaves and shoveling snow.. far off I suppose, but the way time goes
these days, I'll be breaking my back on the snow in no time!

One last thing. I'm having a garage sale. The ad is running in the
paper as 'The coolest garage sale EVER!'.. I'm not quite sure how to
make it 'cool'.. I was thinking of having refreshments, and a little
background music. I was going to ask around to see if anyone wanted
to put their bikini on and direct traffic.. but I don't think anyone
would. If anyone can offer tips on how to make my garage sale
cooler, I'd love to hear them. I guess there's only so much I can do
that is legal.. selling hot dogs would require a food vendor lisence,
and selling beer would for sure get me in trouble - because who brings
their ID with them to a garage sale! Anyhow, the sale is on Friday
and Saturday (yes, I'm taking off work Friday) - Hours: 8am to 5pm.
Saturday will probably be a big party all day, so if anyone is bored -
stop on by and have a cold one with me.. I promise I won't charge, and
I for sure won't card you! :)

I suppose this is going to have to get posted tomorrow. My internet
browser is so old, I can't even open blogger.com. Nice eh?!

One more thing!! I swear I'm done after this. I had cheese curd the
other day - Val brought it in, I'm guessing it's from Wisconsin (her
home town). I chowed them down quick - they were awesome! No one else
would really eat them because they looked so funky. I did a quick
search on Google, and the first site I clicked on had this: (I still
didn't find out what cheese curds were, i stopped on this little quote
because it sounded so funny).. What's Booyah?!

Cheese curds, booyah and beer,
That's what I like to hear.
I may be kinda pokey,
But I say "okey-dokey!"
To cheese curds, booyah and beer.

–from "Belgians in Heaven," by Frederick Heide & James Kaplan

3 comments:

  1. Ha, Rob, you are too funny, almost as funny as a true Cheesehead... ;)
    Just FYI, booyah is a stew, I think of Belgian origin. It is also a really fun word to yell when you get really, really drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:53 PM

    Cheese curds are the first step in cheese making. They let the milk curdle somehow and the curds are then pressed together and processed further.
    I understand Booyah to be more of a broth rather than a stew, but I could be mistaken. It is definatly a Belgian thing still consumed in parts of Wisconsin. The song you quote is from a musical production called Belgians in Heavan that has been playing for about ten years now at the American Folklore Theater in Door County Wisconsin, near Sister Bay. It is a very sweet fun production.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Booyah is a chicken stew with a creamy broth in witch the entire chicken minus the guts is put in to the pot bones and all. it also has some beer in it. Your other commenters were correct in that It is of Belgian origin. It is delicious!!!! They were also correct that is is very popular in the door county area. Which is where the play with the song you have mentioned is preformed.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete