Thursday, August 11, 2005

Brew tour


100_2043.JPG
Originally uploaded by robg2251.
Yesterday we visited three breweries in one day. Mackinaw Brewing, dowtown Traverse City, where I had their Bitter. It was pretty good. Shortly after, we went a few blocks down to Northpeak Brewing, where I had a bland Pale Ale. Later, we drove up US 31 to Traverse City Brewing Co. This was my favorite, it's less of a 'bar' atmosphere, and more of a down to earth tasting room. Everyone was really friendly, and they were more then willing to give me samples of their beers. Wednesday happened to be fill a growler for $5 day. So, I had mine filled with the Stout, which I really think is one of the best stouts I've ever had.
The rest of the time up here has been nice, we golfed, and did a steak night at the golf course - porterhouse for 9.95! Still not as good as Steve's in Monroe. Fishing hasn't been so good, for me anyhow, I took Jen out, she caught 7 fish, I caught ZERO. WTH?! Of course, I baited the hooks and removed the fish. Today, we're off to do some winery tours north of Traverse in search of this years best batch of cherry wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment