Sunday, November 06, 2005

Campfire


100_2528.JPG
Originally uploaded by robg2251.
I had my last campfire of the year while raking leaves today. I spent almost the whole day outside today - I managed to get all the leaves raked up, without getting dog poop on me! woohoo!

Some of these crack me up - one of the top "Things to do when you're bored" suggests pushing your eyes in for an interesting light show.. You've got to be pretty bored for these.

A bullshit guide to Drugs. This was pretty eye opening.. read about any kind of drug out there, how people do them, and what they do to people.. creepy!

This should go under the things to do when bored - Maybe its just me, but guys my age don't do drinking games.. however, I would probably give this one a try: Google Drinking Game

I don't know what to say about this one. I can't imagine eating sushi off of some stranger. Check it out: Naked Sushi

Wow. The band 'Piebald' converted their van to run on Vegetable Oil. Very interesting article..

I watched half of the Grateful Dead Movie tonight. It was ok, very amateurishly thrown together, but it's probably just that they didn't have much to work with in 1974 when this was made. I still have the second half to watch. Great music.

Here we go. The future. Nokia's Internet Tablet. Looks like it's only available in countries other then the US at this point. Now, let me stop right here - I'm really shocked that the US is one of the countries that is really far behind in technology. A good portion of countries already have wi-fi cities - where something like this could be used. Crazy! I'm reading a really great book right now that talks about a lot of new technologies and where technology is going - it's called The World is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman. Check this out - it's almost scary where things are heading.

And last but not least. When I was in grade school, we put together all this stuff in a big box and buried it in a big hole in front of the school. We all got to put something in it, I don't remember what I put in, but chances are I tossed in a half of a pencil or something silly like that. Well, if you don't like getting your hands dirty - here's the newest technology in time capsules. E-Capsules. Send yourself, or a friend an email - and set a date of delivery for 1, 3, 5, 10 or 20 yrs later. So, don't change your email address whatever you do!

Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment