Monday, November 21, 2005

Road trippin for Stout.





Friday night, we went to the steak roast. All you can drink beer is a BAD thing, is all I have to say about that. But, the steaks were good.
Saturday morning, I woke up early and headed out to Webberville, MI - Michigan Brewing Company in search of the holy grail - Imperial Stout. MBC's Imperial is only brewed once a year, and they have a limited supply of it, so it goes really quick. I called twice in the past week, just to make sure - both people said they had it, and it would probably last about three weeks. It took me about an hour and a half to get up there.. maybe a little less - but I was feeling pretty rough, so it didn't make the drive too easy. Anyhow, I arrive finally.. only to find that the Imperial Stout isn't even done yet - 'three more weeks' the bartender says. He said they probably were confused with the Superior stout - which was just brewed recently.
I was pretty bummed out, but sat down for my 10am Indian Pale Ale and bowl of hot and spicey chili. That place has the BEST chili ever - its really hot, and I found out, the secret ingredient is stout beer. crazy eh? The specialty beer on tap was a Cherry Dubble - which was actually really good. I ate, picked up some beer to go - and headed back to Monroe. What was pretty funny was my muffler pipe broke just as I was heading up there.. so the whole way there, and back I had this mega loud muffler sound, I had to drown out by cranking my stereo full blast..

The rest of the weekend went pretty well, we partied at MT Loonies on Saturday night, which was a last minute thing - and turned out really fun.

Thursday we're going to Kansas City to visit Jens sister, I'm looking forward to a mini vacation.. its been a while since I've had some time off work.

Anyhow, more to come later.. this is going to be an insane work week - so I hope I find time after work to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment