Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Detroit Free Press


Lately I've been stopping off at the gas station on my morning run and picking up a Detroit Free Press. I don't know what it is about that paper, but I really dig it. It's designed well, and I'm getting to where I look forward to certain features, like Wednesdays "The Puck" - a section all about hockey (Red Wings).
Anyhow, I suppose this post will be my tribute to the paper - today's had some cool articles.

Take the Jeopardy quiz! Today through Thursday, you can take the 50 question, 50 category test on the Jeopardy website. If you pass, you may just get a phone call to be on the show. And if you do, let me know, because I think the only time I ever watched that show was when my grandma was baby sitting me and I struggled to sit through the half hour show..

So, this dude from Redford, MI has gone on strike to protest the lack of time he gets to spend with his wife. I saw the picture of the kids, and they are really young. He thinks he has it bad now.. I have some friends that have teenage kids. They work odd shifts/hours, and between running the kids around for school functions, hockey practice/games, etc. - they hardly ever get time together. I say suck it up buddy, or start saving up for child support. HusbandOnStrike.com


Whoa.. check out the MonoWheel!

Yzerman netted another last night, putting him at an all-time scoring record of 690 - tied with the great Mario Lemiux. Four more goals, and he can tie Mark Messier. I'd go for that, then call it quits. It would take another couple years to reach Wayne Gretzky's all-time scoring record (#1) - at 894 goals.

Finally, on Freep.com, there is a really nice Guide to Downtown Detroit. The interactive map includes parking, restaurants, facts, party hot spots and shopping locations. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment