Monday, April 03, 2006

Happy 30th Apple.

Well Macintosh, we've had a good time together. Never a rocky road, you've stood by me for quite a long time. I wouldn't call this a break up, I'd call it more of a "spending some time apart" period. Don't get me wrong, I love Macs. My grade school had them, and since then, I was never interested in using anything else.
The problem is your prices are killing me. I keep waiting for them to go down, but they just keep going up.
The machine I'm using now is a G4 Titanium Powerbook 667 MHz, 512 MB Ram, 25 GB hard drive. It's fairly slow, and I'm about out of room on it. Oh yeah, and the monitor went out. Fortunately, Jen had a giant monitor she's letting me use - so the living room coffee table looks a bit weird. My options are to fix the monitor for about $300, or use this as an excuse to get a newPC laptop. I'd love to get a new Mac, but it would be kind of crazy to get a Mac, for what I use my computer for these days. I'm not doing much graphic design at home anymore, so my computer is used more for editing photos, blog posting, news reading, music.. not anything I would justify buying a $2500 machine for.
I haven't really made the decision I'm going to buy one yet, I might think about it through the summer - but I do think my mind is made up on the Mac/PC side.

Anyhow, not really having a computer for a week is my excuse for not blogging. I don't have any free time at work, and a lunch break is hardly enough time to throw together a blog.. so, I'd say this is going to get pretty random. I say that now, and watch, I'll probably blog 5 times this week. :)

On with the goods...

I went to the Shelter in Detroit when I was a young chap and saw this band that just tore the stage up. You could feel from the energy in that place, that this band was going to go places. Sure enough, AFI became a pretty big band. Check out this story called "The History of AFI".. And while your reading, take a listen this or this from AFI.



TrackStick will track your every movement.
From the site: The Track Stick's micro computer contains special mathematical algorithms, that can calculate how long you have been indoors. While visiting family, friends or even shopping, the Track Stick can accurately time and map each and every place you have been.



Design your own box. Yeah, incase your really bored.


Hey dude, are those MP3 Tennis shoes your wearing?! SWEET!
Whatever. Stop making everything into an MP3 player!! For real, it's just not cool.


If I haven't told anyone.. I'm hooked on the HBO series Six Feet Under. Creepy, yet intriguing.


Well, if Google hasn't done enough already, I never thought they'd go in this direction. Google's announced "Google Romance." Find your soul mate using Googles newest search/profile tools. I think I'm going to find henry a date using it, if I do.. I'll post the results. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment