Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bib # 6492 (that's me!)

Detroit Free Press Marathon, October 29, 2006
I went through the whole registration process. The final cost was $69.73 ($65 plus handling fees). When it came time to hit the register button, i stared at it for a while thinking.. do I really want to do this? Run for 26 miles straight?!

I clicked the button, and I suppose from here on out, there's no turning back. There's a fella in the marathon class that I'm taking who is 62 years old. He's ran the marathon in previous years (just last year), and after seeing him, and knowing he can do it, I don't have any doubts about it now. Not that it's going to be easy, but the old guy has given me some real encouragment to go through with this.

So, I'll be sure to post my results if I'm still doing this blog come October.. even if it takes me all day to do! I just hope I finish before they start closing up to go home. :)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rob Gorczyca:

    Thank you for entering the 29th Annual Detroit Free Press/
    Flagstar Bank Marathon, Half Marathon Run/Walk, Relay or
    5K Fun Run. THIS EMAIL SERVES AS YOUR ON LINE CONFIRMATION.

    You MUST pick up your number, chip, T-shirt and runner
    packet at the Whole Foods Market Heath & Fitness Expo.
    The Expo will be held in the Macomb Hall at Cobo Conference
    Center, Washington Boulevard at Jefferson Avenue, downtown
    Detroit.
    Friday, October 27 - 3 pm to 8 pm
    Saturday, October 28 - 10 am to 7 pm.

    NO PACKET PICK-UP ON RACE DAY, except for 5K participants.

    NEW THIS YEAR: Because we are an international race and
    cross borders twice, the registered runner must pick up
    his or her own race number and runner packet and show valid ID.
    If you are a US or Canadian citizen you MUST have photo ID.
    If you are not a US or Canadian citizen, you MUST have photo
    identification, proof of citizenship and all necessary
    paperwork. Please be prepared to meet with an Immigration
    Officer. This rule applies even if you have pre-registered.

    ALL ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE
    TO ANOTHER DATE, PERSON OR EVENT.

    Good Luck in your training and we will see you at the
    Finish Line on October 29!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:54 AM

    I Just want you to beat that 62 year old guy. IF he gets a head of you, give me a call i will take him OUT!

    ReplyDelete