Thursday, November 23, 2006

Detroit Turkey Trot 2006!

Rob: 10k - 6.20 miles: 42:30 - 25th place in my age group (376 people). 6:50 per mile pace.
Jen: 5k - 3.10 miles: 34:37 - 36th place in her age group (99 people).
Results link (click)

Left for Detroit at 5:30 a.m. Glad we got there early, the place filled up quick. From what I heard over 7000 people ran. We pushed our way up to the front of the starting line and waited for the horn (which the horn broke and didn't really honk like it was supposed to).
The run went pretty well, I kept a pretty steady pace throughout - keeping it under a 7 min pace, which is pretty good for me. Just when the run started to seem long, the six mile marker came, which I knew the finish line was right around the corner. I sprinted the last .20 to the finish.
Pretty fun run. We stayed for some of the parade afterwards. Pictures to come..
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment