Tuesday, January 30, 2007

He shoots.. he scores!!


Back in the day, when I started playing hockey as a kid.. our team was without a goalie. So, whoever showed up last had to play goalie. I was late twice, and I didn't like getting pucks shot at me by these kids that new how to slap shot.
The reason I'm telling this story - Face off, center ice. The opposite team's Center gets his stick to the puck first and taps it through the other centers legs. The puck comes at me, at a very low speed. I was excited because I was going to get to grab the puck and fire it out of the zone. To my surprise, the other team started jumping up and down. haha.. The puck drifted right under my stick, between my legs and into the net.
From then on, I was the first guy in the locker room at every game.

No comments:

Post a Comment