Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Run forest!

I swore last year that I wouldn't take any extended breaks from running this year, but the way things turned out, I guess I could say I needed it. I went from the marathon right into a hardcore month of training for a 10k. The results paid off, running the 6 mile race at a 6:50 pace (my fastest time yet). After the 10k, I jumped into a marathon training plan that had me running solid 7 days a week. Needless to say, that only lasted about a month. I was just burnt out. After henry (my dog) passed away, I decided to chill for a while and regroup my head. I ran some random runs, and still worked on eating healthy. In March, I came down with a cold/flu that had me out for a week, and coughing for a whole other week.
So, I finally am feeling up to running again, and started some light training this week. I have no real goal for a marathon this year, but, we'll see how it goes. I may consider it if my mileage and pace is going well. Marathon training takes a huge amount of time and dedication. During my marathon training, I didn't miss one run for about 6 months. Rain, snow, sleet, high winds.. I ran in all of it. And the amount of times I had to tell friends and family that I couldn't do things, got to be a bit tiresome, for them and me! But, it was worth it.
Anyhow, I just felt the need to ramble on about my running - oh yeah, and I added my running log to the sidebar again. That sidebar kind of gave me a little motivation to run last year. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment