Saturday, February 04, 2012

Dinner tonight: Chili Lime Chicken Thighs


We eat a lot of chicken, and lately I've really been enjoying using boneless chicken thighs, over boneless chicken breasts.  I like how they cook up, tender no matter what you do.  They're smaller, and easier to work with if you're marinading them. And like I said, it's kind of hard to overcook and dry them out.  With that said, I made a quick chili lime marinade this morning that they're already soaking in. 

1/2 cup olive oil 
1/2 cup lime juice (fresh is best, but if you don't have it go with bottled)
1/4 cup ground cumin
1/4 cup chili powder 
2 tbs garlic (I used jarred minced garlic)
Mix together and coat the thighs in a large dish.  Cover and soak in the refrigerator, turning them occasionally.  Longer the better as they say with most marinades.  I plan to grill these on indirect heat.  I'll probably salt/pepper them at some point too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment