Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Blogging from my new table


Here it is - my new table. Since I bought this house, I quickly realized the kitchen is just too small for a table - especially when Henry moved in. I had planned on constructing this on my own, but procrastinated, because my handy man skills aren't quite up to par. I was googling tables one morning, and ran across this on IKEA's website. IKEA looks like a really great store, but let me tell you, they aren't even close to doing internet orders. This took about a month and a half to get - maybe longer. And the ordering process was terrible. But, I finally got it, varnished it and here it is. Now, I can eat dinner without being subjected to Oprah.

Holy wow. Gorczyca Insurance Agency. Notice how they emphasis the Z. Straight out of Pennsylvania. I need to get in touch with this guy.

View from the sidewalk - a blog written by a homeless guy. Someone's got to employ this guy, if he can figure out how to set up a blog, I'm sure he can learn to sweep floors or something.

I'll have to admit that I've been watching Oprah. Sort of against my will, because Jen records it, and watches it as we eat dinner. So, I kind of have to watch it.
Anyhow, today the show was on restaurants. The first bit they did was on an article GQ magazine did called 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die. I googled it, and found the list of the restaurants. Two are from Michigan! Ypsy and Dearborn! You better believe we're heading out there!

I was just joking with a friend that I wake up every morning to a new Google invention. Check out the latest: Google Pages.
Google Pages allows you to build your own website, using templates they provide. It's really super simple, but not so appealing. Check out my testing page: Robs GoolePage. I just read an article today that says you can actually upload your own home built pages to it - careful though, you have 100 MB to work with!

I didn't watch a lick of the olympics. Not even the hockey. I tried, I really did, but the time I sat down for a game, bobsledding was on. The announcers noted that they would go to hockey, as soon as bobsledding was over. After 15 or so minutes, I gave up. I caught a little bit here and there, but really wasn't into it. I'm so excited to finally have the NHL back.

I'm signed up on the Buffalo Wild Wings club email list. A while ago, they sent me an email asking me about various flavors. I remember one of them I picked was Mango Habanero. Well check it out - Four new flavors - and you can thank me for one of them.. well, I voted, and sent the email back, so I sorta had something to do with it. The bum part is they didn't give me anything for free. Jerks. (we're going thursday if anyone wants to join us!)..

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that store! There is an Ikea in Chicago that I used to get lost in...dreaming, dreaming, dreaming of the day I'd have all the pretty satin-finish stainless steel kitchen products that any good domesticated woman's heart could ever desire...ha, not really. But that is the coolest effin store.

    ReplyDelete