Sunday, March 12, 2006

El Guitarrista

I picked up this framed poster at Beyond The Wall in Ann Arbor. The artist is Justin Bua. I'm going to hang this in my office if the decoration department at work lets me.
Ann Arbor was amazing today. It was warm, sunny and the students were sprawled all over the city and campas. I wandered around checking out a few stores and did a lot of people watching. I stumbled onto a restaurant that I've been wanting to try, The Jamaican Jerkpit. The guy working there was really cool, with a deep Jamaican accent. He told me the pork sandwich is the top seller. I had a choice between barbecue or jerk seasoning, he said the jerk is hot - so of course I chose the jerk. It was amazing, but almost too hot. My mouth was numb for an hour after.
I went to the thrift store while I was there and picked up some new-ish hockey socks and a cigar cutter for fifty cents, still in the package! Anyhow, it was a good day.

Check out my latest "want".. it's a Forerunner 301 running watch. It monitors your heart rate, speed, distance, pace and calories burned. It actually has an embedded GPS sensor that can actually tell you how to get home, I know I'll use that option, especially when I run blindfolded.

No comments:

Post a Comment