Sunday, March 25, 2007

Smokin' and Nascar

Friday I had heard it was going to be pretty nice out this weekend. I started thinking about pulling out the smoker that Jen's parents gave me for Christmas. I'm also getting over a bad flu/cold, so I figured it'd be a good weekend to stay in and relax. I picked up some cheap turkey thighs at Sav-a-lot, and a rack of ribs for $11.00. I sat around Saturday night reading up on how to smoke. I figured out the method for using the smoker - gray charcoal hot before putting in the bottom bowl, on top of that the water bowl, then a cooking rack and a cooking rack on top of that. Throughout the smoking process, I loaded up the charcoals with wood chips soaked in water. I read later on that wood chips wrapped up in foil work better.


My weapon of choice: Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill
100_5079.JPG


Me loading up the smoker with more hot coals
100_5085.JPG


My attempt at watching Nascar (I get distracted easily)...



Dark Horse Brewing Crooked Tree I.P.A.
100_5082.JPG


My helper
100_5094.JPG


My taste tester
100_5090.JPG


The final results - Ribs, Turkey, Venison and Fish - Meat was marinated in a dry rub of: Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder and Brown Sugar.
100_5091.JPG


The scene
header

No comments:

Post a Comment