Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Nascar!

So we got back from vacation and I headed right out again to Michigan International Speedway for my first ever Nascar weekend. I arrived on Friday afternoon, set up my pup-tent and was immediately talked into a game of corn-hole. Dang did I get good at that over the next day. Otherwise tho, I had a blast. I played guitar for everyone in the immediate 100 yd. vicinity (most of which came over and watched or shook my hand the next day - dang, you'd think I was a rock star!), got rides from various people around the campground, met tons of people from canada, wisconsin, ohio, etc. Had a couple of beers, met some hippies, played more corn-hole and was finally told "Hey dude, you know it's 5 a.m.?".. oops!
I had an absolute ball though, and will for sure head back next year. Needless to say, we didn't even get to see the race. I actually headed home on Saturday evening because of the rain. The race finally happened on Tuesday, and a fella named Kurt Busch won (whoever that is). Anyhow, I figured I should report this to anyone who might be a bit leery of heading out to a Nascar event - guaranteed, you'll have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment