Monday, October 01, 2007

Stone Vertical Epic 07.07.07


Stone Vertical Epic 07.07.07
Originally uploaded by robg2251
I figure from time to time, I'm going to review a beer on my blog - maybe post it to Beer Advocate. I read a review on this beer in the new Beer Advocate magazine, and figured I would give it a shot. The local Food Town carried it - $5.99 for a 22 oz bottle.

====================================
Stone Vertical Epic 07.07.07
Pours an amber orange with a creamy 1/4" head that dissipated quickly.
Smell is sweet banana, orange-grapefruit and nutmeg.
Light to medium on the palette, a bit dry. Fizzy in carbonation that finishes with a moderate alcohol feel.
The initial flavor is light sweetness, and finishes moderately sweet - the 8.4% ABV definitely comes out in the finish.
This is Stones sixth in their "epic" series. They started with a batch on 02.02.02 and followed up year after year - obviously, this years was released on 07.07.07.
This is a Belgian style based on two styles - Saisons and Golden Triples.
This beer is pretty complex. You can taste the fruit flavors throughout it, along with a depth of spices. I'm not a real big fan of Belgians, but I do like to try them. This one will probably have to grow on me. The bottle suggests aging this until 2012. Maybe they plan on it tasting much better by then. Too late for me though, my bottle is already opened and I'm about to finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment