Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Baby likes and dislikes...


As an almost new father (4 mos. to go!), this pregnancy thing has been a learning experience. I find myself cooking and waking up 3 times a night when she makes trips to the bathroom. The other thing she started probably a couple months into it was telling me what the baby likes and dislikes. Here are some examples:

- "Baby likes breakfast sausage".. Who'd of thought a baby would crave breakfast sausage?! Daisy (the dog) and I were standing around the stove around 6 a.m. this morning slowly cooking turkey sausage.. (yeah, much healthier than normal sausage).

- "Baby doesn't like loud Metallica".. This one almost offended me. Jen back stepped slowly out of the garage last night as if there was some radio active material in there. I had to turn the music down to appease "the baby."

- "Baby wants Taco Bell... Now!".. I was jumping out of the car to buy some beer in Indiana, when I got this line. We rarely eat Taco Bell. I looked at her and said "are you serious?!".. she confirmed. Apparently, hard taco supremes are now a permanent food group in her diet.

- "Baby doesn't like riding in the civic".. well, deal with it! It's great on gas. So it's a little loud, rides like a skate board, has no shocks and grinds gears every so often, it still rocks and rolls. I had to put my foot down on this one.

And my absolute favorite, is.. - "Baby loves to sleep in" .. This one made me laugh. Jen sleeps in longer than anyone and always has. I can get up, go for a run, shower, run errands, do lawn work and other odds and ends before she rolls out of bed. If baby likes to sleep in, I imagine now she'll be sleeping all day on weekends!