Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Baby likes and dislikes...


As an almost new father (4 mos. to go!), this pregnancy thing has been a learning experience. I find myself cooking and waking up 3 times a night when she makes trips to the bathroom. The other thing she started probably a couple months into it was telling me what the baby likes and dislikes. Here are some examples:

- "Baby likes breakfast sausage".. Who'd of thought a baby would crave breakfast sausage?! Daisy (the dog) and I were standing around the stove around 6 a.m. this morning slowly cooking turkey sausage.. (yeah, much healthier than normal sausage).

- "Baby doesn't like loud Metallica".. This one almost offended me. Jen back stepped slowly out of the garage last night as if there was some radio active material in there. I had to turn the music down to appease "the baby."

- "Baby wants Taco Bell... Now!".. I was jumping out of the car to buy some beer in Indiana, when I got this line. We rarely eat Taco Bell. I looked at her and said "are you serious?!".. she confirmed. Apparently, hard taco supremes are now a permanent food group in her diet.

- "Baby doesn't like riding in the civic".. well, deal with it! It's great on gas. So it's a little loud, rides like a skate board, has no shocks and grinds gears every so often, it still rocks and rolls. I had to put my foot down on this one.

And my absolute favorite, is.. - "Baby loves to sleep in" .. This one made me laugh. Jen sleeps in longer than anyone and always has. I can get up, go for a run, shower, run errands, do lawn work and other odds and ends before she rolls out of bed. If baby likes to sleep in, I imagine now she'll be sleeping all day on weekends!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Ooooh...I was okay until the not liking Metallica. Baby has to have his/her musical influences changed upon birth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man can i relate! soon she won't have to tell you these things, you'll be conditioned (ha!) great post ... made me laugh. soon baby will be begging for loud metalica and you can thumb your noses at mom while head-banging in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... This post is awesome, and very funny. Do you know yet if you are having a boy or a girl?

    ReplyDelete