Saturday, March 14, 2009

Irish Stew @ the DRB


I might be having a few people over Sunday afternoon, so I whipped up a recipe I found online (Irish Beef Stew - Simply Recipes). It was pretty simple, but it calls for 1 cup of red wine. I hate when recipes call for that. What are you supposed to do with the rest of the bottle of wine?! Dilemmas. :) Anyhow, it turned out looking pretty good. It wasn't much to taste yet, because I didn't follow the recipe exactly, I threw it all together after browning the beef and tossed it in the crock pot. I'll turn it on in the morning and the DRB should smell awesome by the time we get home from the race.
Speaking of, I'm ready as ever for the race. I ran 4 miles yesterday in a time of around 7:55 min. per mile, which is pretty much what I was shooting for. Hard to believe I'm running that fast, because the first week or two of February, I couldn't run an 8:30 pace without dying and wanting to lay down in the Sav-a-lot parking lot.

So that's that. Run 4 miles, drink some beer at the finish line, head back to the DRB and eat some Irish Beef Stew with friends. Sounds like a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment