Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Anheurser-Busch: Is this really the best you can do?

 Picked up a six of the new Bud Light Platinum 6% released this week.  I've read some news on it, and it's supposed to "rival" craft beers, with it's whopping 6% abv.

My initial thoughts:  Shocked. Flabbergasted. Surprised.  Amazed......  that they didn't try harder than this.  I wish that I could save all of my friends money by saying "trust me guys, this beer sucks".. but I'll let everyone see for themselves.  It's pretty bad.  I expected a bigger body. I expected a little bit of malt. I expected just a tiny bit of flavor.  What do we get?  An amped up flavorless Bud Light.  It's thin, light, very easy drinking, but seriously flavorless.  It's so "thin" tasting that it has me craving one of my homebrews.
It's not like I really had my hopes up. I really don't want to spend too much $ supporting this company, but I felt I had to try it. I suppose if you were looking for a cheap way to get drunk, this might be your option.  Definitely do some price comparison though, because for a couple bucks more, you could pick up a 6 pack of Founders Dirty Bastard. An 8.5% Scottish Ale with an awesome smooth malty taste, yet easy drinking and packs a solid punch.
I guess I could sum this post up by saying - Bud Light Platinum = Fail.  Craft Beer = Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment