I found some ham in the freezer that I smoked over the holidays, and thought it would be good in something. It has a real smokey flavor to it.
I dug around the net and found the following recipe (source):
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 pound deli ham, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, ham and garlic powder until blended.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread with the cream cheese mixture. Cut into 1-1/2-in. slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
I made this pretty exact to the recipe. Instead of a large loaf of Italian bread, I instead opted for 4 small sandiwich sized loaves. The mixture tastes fanstastic. I'm testing this one out on a some of the dudes coming over tonight. I'll report back if they liked it. The reviews from the site I grabbed it from sold me!