Saturday, February 04, 2012

Parmesan Ham Appetizer Recipe

I found some ham in the freezer that I smoked over the holidays, and thought it would be good in something. It has a real smokey flavor to it. 

I dug around the net and found the following recipe (source): 

Ingredients

  • 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
  • 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 pound deli ham, finely chopped
  • 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) Italian bread

Directions

  • In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, ham and garlic powder until blended.
  • Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread with the cream cheese mixture. Cut into 1-1/2-in. slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.

 

I made this pretty exact to the recipe.  Instead of a large loaf of Italian bread, I instead opted for 4 small sandiwich sized loaves.  The mixture tastes fanstastic. I'm testing this one out on a some of the dudes coming over tonight.  I'll report back if they liked it.  The reviews from the site I grabbed it from sold me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment