Friday, July 08, 2005

Podcast and more!

So, today is Friday July 8th. It's been a while since I posted - I need to get in the habit of doing this.
This week has been pretty eventful. Last weekend was the fourth of July.. Jen, myself, Aaron and my sisters and their fams all went to Angola, Indiana camping for the weekend. As soon as I get some time, I'm going to post some to my flickr site.
It was a pretty good time.. We played guitars, had campfires.. cooked, drank a ton of beer and saw some great fireworks. The last night there, Aaron and I stayed up until about 4am.. we took a long walk around the campground, came back to the site and cooked up some burgers.

While I'm thinking of it, I need to blog this link.. I keep forgetting how to make an html link:
< a href="insert link here">Name of link< /a> (minus the spaces before the a's)

Got it?! Ok then.

The rest of the week has gone by pretty quick. We found out our friends Bryan and Lynne are going to have a baby! Great news - she's due in February of 2006. They'll make great parents for sure.
I managed to squeeze out another 5 mile run this week. I'm going to have to take it easy doing that in the mornings, i was physically exhausted that day.. Maybe I'll get used to it, but it really drained me.. i felt like jello all day.
Yesterday after work, I drove down to Lee Williams House of Meats in Point Place (toledo). I picked up 2 large racks of ribs (about 8lbs). I'm having my dad and Geri (his lady friend) up for dinner tonight. I picked up a case of beer, and Jen bought, from the Westborn Market in Dearborn , some cole slaw, baked beans and two different kinds of potato salad - oh yeah, and a watermelon. Should be a good time. I have some bbq sauce from a restaraunt in toledo called Shorty's - Gene in our Classified department at work gave me a jar. She told me about the place, so I ventured down there and had a magnificent meal.. and fell in love with their spicey hot bbq sauce. I'll try to get some pictures of the ribs after I cook them.
Other then that, I think Saturday, we're going to venture to Ann Arbor for some Hippy Hashbrowns at the Fleetwood Diner (they are the absolute BEST!). Then check out the Kiwanis sale, which is like a giant Goodwill thrift store, but only open on Saturdays from like 8 to noon. Other then that, i have no plans for the weekend.. except to work on Sunday (helping change over IP addresses or something along those lines).

Heck, I almost forgot - we did another podcast!! Here you go:
DanPodcast70705

No comments:

Post a Comment