Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Dear NHL Center Ice....

My friends and I were discussing how cool it would be to have NHL Center Ice. We could would never miss a game, and be able to see the action live, rather then viewing highlights of the game on ESPN.
The problem, and why none of us subscribed yet: We aren't home enough to sit in front of our TV's to watch it. Most of us travel a lot, or work odd hours at the office. Oh, we could always Tivo the games, but it kind of loses something not seeing the game live.

The one thing all of us have access to pretty much at all times (except for when we're driving), is a computer. We brainstormed an idea that I really think would help your company grow subscribers, and put yourselves on the forefront of where the internet and cable television is heading anyways.

NHL Center Ice subscription, would include the cable channel, but it would also include a login/password protected account where you could login, and watch a game right from the computer. So, if I'm at the office late, but would like to have the game on, I could login, and watch the game. If I'm traveling, and in a hotel room, I could login and watch a game.

Might sound like a crazy idea, but I really can see this happening in the near future with other cable stations or movie channels. Right now, purchasing the subscription to NHL Center Ice, really isn't practical to my friends and I. If you added a feature like this, I can bet all of my friends and I would be subscribing.

Thank you for reading, I look forward to hearing from you.

-Rob Gorczyca
Monroe, MI


==================

Rob:

Thank you for your email and continued interest in the NHL. Sorry for the delay in response.

At this time, there are no plans to air games on the Internet. This is an issue we are looking into further.

Thanks again for the email.

1 comment:

  1. Watch,.. they probably printed out my letter, and brought it to the board of directors meeting.. where they all were like, holy shit that's a good idea! So, they are in plans now to make it happen. Think i'll reap any benefits from that?! nope. Damn them.

    ReplyDelete