Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Epic Brownie Recipe

 I don't like to toot my own horn very much, but I know a good brownie when I taste one.  These are moist, chewy, chocolaty and amazing.  And,... they're easy!   See the link below, the trick is to chill them immediately after cooking. The recipe suggest an ice water chill.  What I've always done is wrap the dish I use to bake them, in foil.  Spray with pam, bake them, then pull the foil/brownies out and shove them in the freezer to chill.  That does it.  But if you feel so inclined, follow the recipe link I post below, the writer swears by the method.

8 tbsp unsalted softened butter (1/2 cup)
4 oz unsweetened chocolate (if you're from Monroe - Flour Garden has the best cocoa)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Chill immediately for 20-30 minutes.  Here's the site I've used, which has detailed instructions on the process of chilling the brownies.  http://bakingbites.com/2006/01/cooking-school-perfect-brownies/ 
I've made these a ton over the years, and today was the first time I've actually botched them up. I had my 3 yr old helping me.  She did very well, but between keeping her steady on the chair and yanking the bowl away from her as she tried to devour the batter, I inadvertently left out the flour.  So what I ended up with is a gooey chocolaty pan of yuminess. Tasty, but too gooey

No comments:

Post a Comment